Personal Information Protection Policy
(Personal Information Protection Principle)
WAQOO Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “the Company”) conducts business activities with a focus on operating lodging facilities, operating information portal websites, planning events and the sale of goods as well as insurance agency services. Personal information obtained from customers in the course of executing these business activities as well as personal information relating to employees of the Company (hereinafter “Personal Information”) is considered by the Company to be important information, and we are aware that securely protecting this Personal Information is an important social obligation for the Company.
Therefore, in regard to Personal Information protection, the Company shall continue to provide its customers and employees with peace of mind and fulfill its social obligation by handling Personal Information obtained in the course of executing business activities in accordance with the following policy.
Further, where there exist any inconsistencies between the Japanese version of this Site Policy and versions thereof that have been translated into other languages besides Japanese, the contents of the Japanese version shall take precedence over the contents of other versions.
Obtainment, Usage and Provision of Personal Information
- ・We shall obtain Personal Information through legal and fair means.
- ・We shall use Personal Information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of usage.
- ・When providing Information to a third party, we shall obtain consent from the individual concerned in advance.
- ・We shall not use Personal Information obtained for any purpose other than that for which it was obtained. In addition, we shall take measures to ensure this.
- ・In the case that it becomes necessary to use Personal Information for a purpose other than that for which it was obtained, we shall only use the information after obtaining consent for the new purpose.
- In regard to legislation, government-stipulated guidelines and other standards (hereinafter “Legislation, etc.”), we shall strive to remain up-to-date in our understanding of Legislation, etc. relating to businesses that handle Personal Information, and we shall ensure that employees engaged in the business of the Company (hereinafter the “Employees”) are informed of and in compliance with these.
Safe Management of Personal Information
- ・In order to prevent various risks, including unauthorized access to Personal Information as well as leaking, destroying or damaging Personal Information, we shall construct and maintain a system capable of implementing corrective measures in a speedy manner in order to ensure safe management of Personal Information.
- ・We shall conduct inspections and shall immediately correct any violations or accidents discovered, and we shall implement preventative measures in regard to weak points.
- ・We shall thoroughly educate and train our Employees in regard to safety.
Complaints and Consultations
We shall construct a system capable of quickly responding to complaints and consultations relating to the handling of Personal Information by establishing a point of contact for Personal Information inquiries, and we shall respond to these in good faith.
- ・In order to protect Personal Information, the Company’s Personal Information management system shall strive to discover violations, incidents, accidents or weak points and implement executive reviews by monitoring and inspecting the state of in-house compliance with regulations. We shall strive to continually improve our Personal Information protection management system by reflecting these in our management policies and in-house regulations.
- ・In regard to improvement, we shall comply with Legislation, etc. and JIS Q 15001.
Date of Enactment: August 1st, 2018
WAQOO Co., Ltd.
Representative Director Shinobu Tashiro